Ok, maybe this isn’t something you will find on the Dallas music scene, but everybody loves Disney Princesses. So, why not consider which songs are the best princess songs by Disney princesses? Surely we all have our favorites. We happen to be particularly impressed by Belle, and since there’s a new non-animated movie version, you can expect to see something from it on the list.
You daughter will probably appreciate this article, so maybe you should share it with her while you look for a beautiful princess dollhouse. While some of the best princess songs might occur prior to the princess achieving her optimal abode, a princess dollhouse will be music to your daughter’s ears (and some of them play music!). There are Barbie, fairy, and Disney princess castles. Certainly your wee one will be pleased with whichever one you choose. And, she might even have something to say about the songs we’ve picked for this list.
7 Best Princess Songs
While you might not feel like much of a princess, these songs still have a way of pulling on the royal strings of your heart. So, when it comes to picking the 7 best princess songs, you will certainly understand why we have chosen the ones on our list. Don’t hesitate to go visit YouTube, here, to see about reliving those princess moments with your little princess. Here are the songs you’ll want to hear:
- Once Upon a Dream– This is kicking it old school as it originates in the Sleeping Beauty movie. Jack Lawrence wrote the lyric. Of course, most of the beauty is found in Tchaikovsky’s melody, but that one line is a perfectly turned phrase.
- A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes– Cinderella was full of dreams throughout this movie. And, when she receives her heart’s desire, we all were giddy with anticipation of the “ever after” promise so inherent in Disney storylines. No doubt your daughter has plenty of dreams in her heart.
- Part of Your World- Your heart broke for Ariel as her heart was decimated by her desire to walk on land. You wanted to smack King Triton for not understanding his daughter. Even now you can hear the chorus playing in your mind. That’s probably one of the best princess songs prior to those in Frozen (which we won’t include here).
- A Whole New World- Yep, this one instantly starts playing in your mind as well. It’s a duet and is probably more accurately attributed to Aladdin than Jasmine. But it’s a great song nonetheless.
- Almost There- An unlikely choice, we know, but it says something about the struggle of real life. Tiana is a hardworking girl who is longing to find true happiness, and she has no intentions of relying on a prince to provide it. She’s a 21st century princess if Disney ever created one.
- So this is Love– Cinderella has such an endearing quality your daughter will think that this song is simply beautiful. She may even ask you to play it multiple times. So, don’t disappoint her, click this, to hear it.
- Something There– We told you we love Belle. Surely there is something there when Disney can portray a book loving princess with eyes to see beyond the external. Yep, we love that movie and that character. So, this song falls in the saved-the-best-for-last category. Listen here.
If you would like to know some more princess songs, you can find them here.