You might think it’s really difficult to set up a recording studio at your home but it really IS NOT. It might seem like a really huge project in the beginning, but once you get into it things will get easier from there on. In addition to that, we are helping you too! We have got you covered to help you set up your own recording studio at home.
In this article, we are going to list the things that you need in order to set up your own music recording studio.
- A computer: The first and foremost thing that you need is a computer. This is where all your basic functions will take place, and this is where all your other equipment will be connected. This will also be the biggest investment you will make initially, so it is important that you search a lot before investing in a computer. On the other hand, if you do not have enough funds to invest in a high-tech computer, you can make some small upgrades to your existing computer and you will be good to go.
- A DAW/Audio Interface Combo: A DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) is software that is used to record, edit and mix music on your computer. Along with this, audio interface is the hardware that is used to connect your gear to your computer. These two things can either be bought separately or as a combo. It is recommended that you purchase the combo because it is cheaper than buying them separately, it saves you from some hassle and it offers guaranteed support and compatibility. You can try brands like Avid or Presonus.
- A good wireless phone: Since you’ll be making calls here and there regarding many things related to your studio and equipment, it would be a good idea to invest in a wireless phone. This would again save you from a lot of hassle and help you with your work. If you are searching for more details about wireless phones and how you can get the best ones, you can visit wewentwireless.com.
- A Microphone: A music recording studio would be incomplete without a microphone. Initially, you can just buy one but as you progress over time it would be a good idea to buy more and more of these microphones as they will never seem to be enough. If you want to learn how you can connect your microphone to your computer, click here.
- Headphones: Now you need some headphones to listen to all the music that is being recorded in your studio. Again, initially you just need one. What you need to do is look out for headphones that are designed specifically for studio purposes. These include closed back headphones for tracking and open back headphones for mixing. The necessity one out of these two is closed back headphones.
- XLR cables: Over the time you might need a lot of cables for your home studio, but for the now the three essential cables that you need to invest in are 1 long XLR cable for your microphone and 2 short ones for your monitors.
So this covers the list of all the essentials that you need to set up your home studio and get it running. As you progress over time, you can surely keep adding new things to your home studio to make it even better than before!