Music performance anxiety or stage fright is a pretty common condition that affects thousands of musicians, vocalists and even nonvocal and musical individuals. It is only natural to be afraid to make a complete fool of yourself when you are stepping onto a stage in front of a large audience. Plenty of people overcome their music performance anxiety after a short while but sadly, some can still endure terrible anxiety episodes well into their careers.
Singers and musicians that battle performance anxiety on a daily basis
There are plenty of famous singers and musicians who, despite their fame and success, still battle with terrible nervousness and fear before they step onto the stage. Here are a few famous musical sensations that battle with their stage freight just about every time they have to perform;
- Adele is scared of audiences and it takes lots of courage to get her on the stage every performance.
- Rhianna is one of the most famous personalities out there but she also suffers from stage fright. In fact, she has been known to use liquor to calm her senses before performances.
- Barbara Streisand uses anti-anxiety medication before performances so she won’t forget her lyrics.
- Andrea Bocelli claims that his worst problem in life is stage freight and says he always feel naked and vulnerable on stage.
- Lorde always has to remind herself that she loves singing before she can muster up the courage to step on the stage.
Why you need to deal with stage fright
While many famous singers overcome their fears every day and still manage to make a huge success of their life it is still important to deal with your anxiety. Music performance anxiety can end your career before it even begins when you are just too afraid to step onto your stage. It can also affect your success when you are too scared to let your talents shine and to let your personality come forth. And even when you do manage to overcome these obstacles, it is still good to get treatment for this condition because always being afraid to do a job you love is hardly a way to live.
How to overcome music performance anxiety
There are quite a few ways to overcome stage fright. You can use Barbara Streisand or Rhianna’s methods of using medications or liquor to calm down. You can seek counseling and find ways to motivate yourself to step onto the stage like Adele or you can get rid of your condition permanently with hypnotherapy.
Hypnosis for music performance anxiety
Music performance anxiety is the same as any other anxiety disorder. Hypnosis for anxiety is one of the most effective ways to overcome this condition because hypnosis helps you identify the root cause of your fears and helps you change the way you think about the stage, your job, and audiences.
Instead of curing the symptoms like other stars, it is much better to find a permanent solution to help you overcome anxiety. When you are permanently cured of anxiety disorders or stage freight you can finally live your life and enjoy your music career without fear.