Dallas is a blossoming cornucopia of musical giftedness and prowess. So, trying to make your name in this town is certainly no easy feat. Therefore, you might need some assistance in the realm of how to get your music noticed. Not to worry, we’ve got some excellent advice for you here.
Think about investing in custom address-stamps. After all, one of the best ways to get your music heard is ensuring that it gets into the right hands. And, since there are a lot of music producers out there, you might get overwhelmed having to write and rewrite your own address. So, opt for the self-inking, pre inked, or even logo address stamps. These little niceties will certainly save you time, allowing you to keep doing what you love, making music!
You Want to Get Heard? Try These Steps
If you want to make it big on the music scene, you need to ensure that your enthusiasm doesn’t annoy your potential producers, DJs, and all the other people responsible for categorizing the influx of potential musicians. These tips should help your efforts:
- Send Promos– If you choose to utilize the internet in-box, be sure that your promo stands out above the rest. Give it a sensible filename and brand it with your logo. Don’t negate to include your marketing material too. Producers want to see that you are prepared to go after your fan base, or that you already have one. Learn more.
- Do More– Lots of people have logos and maybe even some marketing stuff. Therefore, you have to do more than they are to ensure you get the attention you are after. Add artwork and press releases. And, be certain that the track you send can be readily shared. No one-person should make all the decisions about your musical future, but if the music can’t be shared, it will be trashed.
- Keep Track- Don’t just randomly send your tracks to everyone you can think of without documenting who got it, and when. You don’t want to send the same track twice with the exact same pitch. Know who’s getting your music and what you’ve told them about it.
- Utilize Bloggers– Think of these bloggers as potential exposure. They have the ability to share your music with all their readers, and even the people they might be connected to that you don’t know about. Give them the same info you’d give a DJ or producer. Read this.
- Don’t Forget the DJs– Since they will be the ones playing your music anyway, don’t forget to include them on your pursuit lists. Be certain you give them a high-quality, WAV formatted, track so that they can play your music through their club sound systems.
- Welcome Fans- If you put your music out there for others, that’s a great way to start creating a fan base. Take note of who is doing the downloading and what they have to say about the music you provide.
- Share A Lot- Take advantage of wherever you can get your music in front of potential fans or producers. As with any endeavor, the more people that know what you are doing, the more likely you are to succeed at it.
Getting active in the Dallas music scene isn’t going to be easy. But, nothing worth anything ever is. Check out these potential producers to help get you on your way.